Every year on Mother’s Day we also do Baby or Child Dedication Day. But what is a Dedication service about?
First, let me share with you what it is not, and then I will get to our purpose behind Baby Dedication.
1. It is not a service that gains merit in heaven for either the parent or the child.
2. It has nothing to do with the child’s salvation or the Holy Spirit entering into that child.
3. It is not comparable to baptism, which is to only take place when one accepts Christ as Savior.
4. It does not relieve the parents of their responsibilities for training of and encouraging of spiritual insights.
Now that we have established what Child Dedication is not, then what exactly is it?
It is purely and simply a dedication of the child by the parent unto the Lord. In I Samuel 1:27-28 we see Hannah giving back to the Lord her son Samuel. “I asked the LORD to give me this boy, and he has granted my request. Now I am giving him to the LORD, and he will belong to the LORD his whole life.” And they worshiped the LORD there.” I Samuel 1:27-28
Dedication is an expression of your desire that your child will truly be a “child of God.” As parents, you are indicating that your purpose is to surround your child with every influence that will lead them, when they understand, to Jesus Christ as their Savior. May this hope eventually be realized. As you dedicate your child your desire, as parents is to see that your child grows up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. To bring your child a knowledge of the Scriptures, to teach them loving obedient, reverence for God, His Son Jesus Christ and His Church.
As you dedicate your child, you will dedicate yourselves as parents to Christ. Also, you will realize that this church is here for you and your child as an agency to help educate both you and your child in the ways of God, so please commit yourselves to being a part of what God is doing here at Grace Community Church.
1. Your first name
2. Your last name
3. Phone number
4. Full name of the child
5. Is the child male or female?
6. A few pictures with the child alone and of you with your child.
Sundays 9:15 AM & 10:45 AMWednesdays 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
More InfoNeed a Ride?